I have seen some great playlists created for running out there in the interwebs. For me, music is great for pacing, which is something that a lot of people struggle with, specifically new to running or start again type people. There are some great running apps available (I used - and still use - Couch to 5K and am a big fan), but if you don't want to pay for it or don't have the technology, the advice I frequently give is to jog for a song, walk for a song, repeat. If you can't make it a whole song that's is okay, just keep at it, your endurance will get better.
I love music, discovering new (at least to me) bands, checking out the local talent, whatever. I always keep a playlist specifically for running on my iPhone; it is titled heart rate. Because I love music and making lists is fun, my current running playlist. I just put it on shuffle and go. According to iTunes, my playlist is 1.6 hours; I typically make my running playlist longer because I play the shuffle game; I find this is more than long enough for my warm up, run, and cool down. The type of running goals I am setting now are distance and pacing related because of my half marathon goal.
Magic: B.o.B (feat. Rivers Cuomo)
So Good: B.o.B
I Know What I Am: Band of Skulls
One Week: Barenaked Ladies
Done.: The Band Perry
Timebomb: Beck
Crazy in Love: Beyonce
Hunting for Witches: Bloc Party
Runaway Baby: Bruno Mars
You Make Me Feel...: Cobra Starship (feat. Sabi)
Turn Me On: David Guetta and Nicki Minaj
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This): Eurythmics
Good Feeling: Flo Rida
Give a Little: Hanson
I Kissed a Girl: Katy Perry
Peacock: Katy Perry
Blow: Ke$ha
Somebody Told Me: The Killers
Say Hey (I Love You): Michael Franti & Spearhead
Seven Seas Blues: Monster Truck
Chocolate Raspberry Lemon and Lime: Muscles
Moving In the Dark: Neon Trees
A Good Idea At the Time: Ok Go
Breakin' Dishes: Rihanna
Get Busy: Sean Paul
Got 2 Luv U: Sean Paul
Shut Up and Let Me Go: The Ting Tings
That's Not My Name: The Ting Tings
Drive By: Train
No comments:
Post a Comment